2.10.2013

Sunday Funday (#fuckyourgrammys Edition)

It is raining outside. I ate a sandwich earlier from a Mexican restaurant. I finished reading A Moveable Feast last week (yes I know it's by Hemingway; no, I'm not including it in my 52 books). I have a hangover today. What that means is I rewatched multiple Arrested Development episodes and prowled the Internet for new music. So here's some musical treats for you:

Beck. Covers David Bowie. With a 167 piece orchestra. Some stupid car company had something to do with it, so I can't embed, but I promise it's worth the extra click. SOUND AND VISION. Stupid car company actually had a cool idea though; this is the first in a series. Consequence of Sound has full details.

Netherfriends x Fess Grandiose. Hot jams, funny opening, and a silly little video.




I didn't post this Jamaican Queens video last week, so here you go:



Three and a half years ago, I stumbled across a bizarre and surreal singer/songwriter named Natti Vogel at a venue in Beijing. Weird mix of Amanda Palmer, Fiona Apple and Oscar Wilde. It was just him and a keyboard, and was exactly what I needed at that point in my life. Having rediscovered him, I found out he is a part of something called the Bushwick Book Club, which writes albums based on books. Their most recent session was about Slaughterhouse Five, my first favorite book. Natti is featured on the compilation.





And oh, some guy named Nick Cave is releasing a new album. It's streaming on NPR right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment