3.03.2014

Netherfriends

Anyone who follows me on social media already has seen me post a bunch about Netherfriends, but what the hell, why not one more?

I probably met Shawn Rosenblatt, sole member of the band, sometime at Columbia College when we both attended, though we didn't really know each other until I interviewed first in 2010 (I interviewed him again last year as well). I've since seen him play with a band and solo, in bars and basements, and in various states of inebriation (myself that is, although probably him too). I took this video of him at Subterranean, a show which I borrowed a friend's van to drive Shawn to after his was stolen.

Now, he's released his newest album P3ACE (pronounced "Three Peace"). It's got hip-hop beats, looping guitar and keys, and some of the catchiest hooks you'll hear this year. It's more than worth your time, and odds are if you're reading this, you've already heard it. If not, click below:


No comments:

Post a Comment